To promote the enjoyment of all attendees, we ask that you adhere to the following convention rules:
- No talking in screening rooms while programs are playing.
- Silence, or turn off, all cellular phones, pagers, alarms, or any other devices during panels, screenings, and events.
- Refrain from conversing with your neighbors during a panel unless during an open discussion.
- Walk, don't run.
- Throw your trash and recyclables in the appropriate containers! Respect the University furniture. If we see untoward rough housing, you will be warned once, and then you will be asked to leave the convention.
- Respect your fellow convention attendees. Be respectful of their costumes, props, and personal space.
- All mock battles are confined to the cosplay competition only (this means no sword fights and/or ninja battles).
- Yaoi Paddles are strictly prohibited, if they are brought to Animarathon, they will be confiscated by the Animarathon Staff and held in the Coat Room until the end of the convention/the owner leaves, at which time the owner can come and claim it.
- No hitting other convention attendees with props, i.e. swords, guns, giant killer plushies; unless it is part of a skit or a photo pose. If any attendee is seen hitting someone else the prop will be confiscated.
- Any attendee caught in a physical altercation or stealing will be asked to leave the convention with the possibility of the Campus Police being involved.
- Please do not loiter on the Elevators, in stairwells, or in major traffic zones.
- The fourth floor of the Student Union is not being used by Animarathon, and so it is off limits to the convention attendees.
- No jumping off the stairs or balconies because it will result in serious injury.
All attendees in costume, whether or not they are participating in the Cosplay Competition, must abide by the following rules:
- No metal weapons, i.e. knives, kunai, throwing stars, pipes, metal bats, etc. Swords are allowed, but only if they are sheathed and zip-tied.
- Any gun-like props must be plastic and have an ORANGE cap on the end.
- Shoes or other similar footwear and a shirt or other garment that covers the chest must be worn at all times. Bare chests and bare feet are not allowed.
- At least a bathing suit must be worn during the entire convention.
- Animarathon and University staff members reserve the right to decide if a costume/outfit is inappropriate and ask the person wearing it to change/edit their outfit before being allowed into the convention.
The Animarathon, University staff, and Campus Police are the authorities on acceptable behavior. Attendees who are disruptive may be asked to leave an event or the convention at any staff member's discretion. Animarathon will have BGSU Security staffing the event to ensure these rules and guidelines are followed.