The Cosplay Competition is your opportunity to show off your cosplay chops by preforming showing off your cosplay handiwork!
In the cosplay competition simply create a cosplay and rock it. Contestants handiwork and style is what matters here.Register for the Cosplay Competition!
Cosplay skits, take the cosplay competition a step further.
Not only do contestents wear a cosplay, they also act the character and impress the audience through drama, dancing, and other acts!Register for a Cosplay Skit!
What are the Cosplay Categories?
- For competitors who have been in less then three competitions and have not won.
- Beginners who are using original cosplays should apply here.
- For competitors who have attended three to four competitions.
- For competitors who won one competition without having attended at least three competitions.
- For competitors who have participated in five or more competitions.
- For competitors who have won at least two competitions.
- Pop Culture
- This category is for entrants cosplaying as a non-Japanese Media character.
- Japanese Media includes Anime, Manga, and any media produced by a Japanese artist or studio.
- For cosplays consisting of less then 60% original material.
- This category excludes commissioned and pre-bought cosplay sets.
- Original Character
- This category is for entrants using their own characters.
- Please do not steal other peoples Original Characters.
- Best Junior
- This category is for competitors aged eleven to fourteen.
- A Parent or Guardian is not required, but they are encouraged to attend.
- Best Youth
- This category is for competitors aged ten and under.
- A Parent or Guardian must be with contestants in this category at all times.
Cosplay Competition Rules
- Participants must register for the skit competition well before showtime the day of the Skits.
- Participants must be present and ready in the skit room at showtime for skit screenings.
- All Costumes are judged before the event. If a competitor is more then ten minutes late to pre-judging that competitor will be disqualified.
- Please bring a official printed reference picture for the character. Do not bring fan-art.
- Competitors are expected to be on time and follow all Animarathon rules.
- If something has come up and you know you will be late to the competition, please contact Animarathon Staff ahead of time so we can attempt to work around it.
- Any genre may be uses as long as the content fits Animarathon rules.
- All skits must be family friendly.
- There will be no swearing except for "hell" and "damn" and other words deemed acceptable. You should ask Animarathon staff if you are unsure.
- Anything more romantic then a hug or a quick kiss is not permitted in a skit.
- If a competitor has pre-recorded dialogue or music they would like to use they must either bring a player, or a CD that can be read by a standard audio player.
- Competitors should not bring music DVD's, or other similar formats as they will not be usable by us.
- Each skit should be less than five minutes in length.
- Each skit should be safe for the audience and performers and not violate Animarathon rules.
- Each skit is screened before the competition to ensure it meets the rules.
- If a skit fails to pass screening we will give the competitor an opportunity to change it.
- Competitors are expected to be on time for screening.
Other Cosplay Competition Rules
- Competitors will follow the instructions of the MCs, Judges, and other staff.
- Failure to follow skit rules will result in disqualification.
- All cosplay entered outside of the found item and youth categories must be either original or altered by the competitor themselves. Competitor Cosplays must meet this criteria by 60% or more.
- To be eligible for a major award, the competitors costume must be reflective of Japanese Culture. There is an exception for the "Pop Culture" award.
- Please do not hesitate to ask Animarathon Staff any questions.